Hi,
I moved to Philly in September 2006, and I am a big synthpop fan. Coming from Atlanta, I knew there would be more possibilities for synth concerts in Philly. But unlike Atlanta, where I knew the few websites to go to, to see if anything was going on, I find it very difficult here to find a comprehensive source of Synth/Goth/Industrial type-of-music. I am not as much of a Goth/Industrial fan... but I consider them cousins, and some bands like VNV Nation and Apoptygma Bezerk put on good concerts which I can enjoy.
The concerts I have been to in Philly so far... 1) Fall of 2006, I went to a Razed in Black concert at the Starlight ballroom that was so badly publicized that maybe 20 people showed up. 2) The Gate's 8-bit night (much better publicized and helps that it was free).
This blog is meant to publicize events related to synthpop/c64 (or now 8-bit pop) music in Philadelphia. But since I am really busy, I cannot do a good job -- so if you stumble on this blog, and think you can do a better job, please feel free to do so. Even if you don't have my exact music tastes, I think it would be valuable to have sister-blogs covering related events and develop a family of electronic music events in the Philly area.
This blog will only be periodically updated and many gaps will occur. This blog is just a cry for better organization and publicity of these events instead of a bunch of independent and hard to collect sources.
Gail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment